Auto Start/Stop of Live Events with Static Entry Points
In order to schedule events a SEP (Static Entry Point) type of Live event must be created.
Recommendations and Best Practices
For best results, please follow the directions below.
- Six pending activations can be scheduled at a time. If more are needed, please contact customer support.
- Once the SEP is activated, the default Maximum waiting time is still valid (see Live API: Static Entry Points for more information).
- Note that the limitations described in the Static Entry Points are still valid.
Scheduling Panel in the Control Room
If a Live account is enabled for Auto Start/Stop, a Scheduling panel will be available on the top right corner of the control room, under the preview player.
To use Auto Start/Stop, follow the instructions below:
- In the Live module, create a new Live event with a Static Entry Point or visit a previously created one.
- In the Control Room, a new panel named Scheduling is going to be available. Click + Add Schedule to create a new auto activation and deactivation.
- Modify the start and end dates to the desired activation and deactivation, respectively.
- To create a second schedule, click again the + Add Schedule button. The + Add Schedule button will be automatically disabled when the limit of pending activations is reached.
- To delete a schedule, click the icon.
Viewing Upcoming Activations
- Once scheduled activations are created, you can view them in the Manage Events > Standby tab. The next upcoming Start and Stop dates are shown under the Upcoming title.
- The Show select box allows you to display only scheduled events.
- Once an event starts will be displayed on the Live tab, and the Start time will be disabled.