Enabling Live Redundancy
The Live Redundancy feature is activated by adding two or more streams to your event in the Brightcove Live Platform.
First Create a Live event. (For more information in how to create a Live event please click here).
- Go to the Stream Options, these options will allow you to name and select the region of your streams. Click in the (+) Add a Backup Stream button.
If you don't see the Add a Backup Stream button then backup streaming has not been enabled for your account.
- By clicking the Add a Backup Stream button you will add a backup (redundancy) stream for your Live video. You can add up as many as your account limit supports.
- Name your Primary and Backup streams, and select a region that is closest to where your encoder is located. By default, the Primary stream region is set to Oregon (US West) which will produce bad results if you are streaming from another continent.
The Reference ID is an optional identifier for internal use and must be unique (max 150 characters).
Continue to set up your Live event as you will normally do. For more information on how to create a Live event please click here.
- Alternatively, you can also add a new stream from the control room window:
- Add your Backup Stream information and region.
- In the Control Room you will be able to see the Endpoint and Stream Name details of each of your streams.
- You can review all the streams information in the Control Room.
- Video Clipping will be available for each of your streams, just by selecting the desired stream from the drop-down menu. For information on creating a clip, see Creating a Video Clip Using the Live Module.
- Second stream selection.
Click in the Monitoring tab below the preview player to view monitoring information. Monitoring will be available for each of your streams, just by selecting the desired stream from the drop-down menu.
The monitoring information is available while an event is in progress and for up to 1 hour after the event ends.