When delivering live streams with server-side ad insertion (SSAI) using Brightcove Player, you can insert a client-side pre-roll ad. For client-side ads, this feature supports IMA ads.
- Customers using this feature must be using Dynamic Delivery.
- Only IMA and SSAI plugins are supported (no FreeWheel).
- Currently, this feature only supports a single player on the page.
To play a client-side IMA pre-roll ad with a live SSAI stream, follow these steps:
- Create an SSAI-enabled live stream
- Create a Brightcove player
- Implement client-side pre-roll using Studio
Create an SSAI-enabled live stream
The Live module supports Server-Side Ad Insertion (SSAI) enabling server-side ads can be requested and displayed during a live stream. To create your live stream, see the following:
Create a Brightcove player
Create a new Brightcove player using Video Cloud Studio. For details, see the Quick Start: Creating and Styling a Player document.
Implementing client-side pre-roll using Studio
The easiest way to configure your player for auto-failover ads is with Video Cloud Studio. Once you have created an ad configuration and player, then you are ready to configure the player for auto-failover as follows:
- Open the PLAYERS module and locate the player to which you want to add advertising functionality.
- Select the link for the player to open the player's properties.
- In the left navigation menu, select Advertising.
- Check the Enable Client-Side (IMA) checkbox.
- Include the URL for your IMA Ad Tag. For this example, we will use the sample Ad Tag URL.
For details about the player advertising properties, see the Configuring Player Advertising using the Players Module document.
Check the Enable Server-Side (SSAI) checkbox.
- From the Select Configuration dropdown menu, select the ad configuration that you would like to associate with this player.
- If you want overlays to display over your ads, check the Enable ad information overlays checkbox. This includes "Learn More" and ad count down overlays.
- Click the Save button.
- In the left navigation menu, select JSON Editor.
In the JSON editor, scroll down until you see the
- Replace the
ad_failover: trueproperty with the following:
- Your JSON editor should look similar to this:
- Click the Save button.
- To publish the player, select Publish & Embed > Publish Changes.
- Now, you are ready to publish your live event. For details, see the Implementing Server-Side Ads in the Live Module document.